Monday, December 1, 2008

In the bleak mid-winter

We have had gloriously cold winter weather here for the last few days. Air frost has descended on air frost until frozen surfaces look like they've been hidden in the back set of the lion the witch and the wardrobe.

This kind of cold weather, for me, is almost as satisfying as a hot summer day (it's winter, it's cold and frosty).

Yesterday we ventured down the frosty, wintery hill to the allotment with the bags of vegetable matter that have accumulated in the yard over the past couple of weeks, and guess what? our new tools are still there!

Oh how my faith in humankind is restored.

4 comments:

rachel said...

Yes, well....I hope you were touching wood when you wrote that bit about faith.

Nice pictures; the weeds seem well under control!

rogern said...

I think I was either leaning on the shed, or tempting fate...

this too will pass said...

lovely photo of the frozen lock

rogern said...

Thank you ttwp