Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oh, by the way...

Have i mentioned that I inadvertently had all my hair cut off?

After we put Bridget on the CAT express train for the airport at the Landstrasse station on Saturday, we decided to have a look around the area around the station.

The weather was glorious and as Tim used to live around that area when he was a student we thought it would be interesting to see what, if anything had changed.

Now, we have been in Vienna for six weeks (counting the one week we were actually in America) and time and hair growth wait for no man, and by this time our barnets were getting a bit out of hand. Before we went away at the start of March we had been casting around trying to find somewhere to get a haircut, but to no avail. While we were in Chicago, we kept our eyes (sort of) peeled for a suitable hair cutting establishment, and again, our (minor) efforts came to naught.

As we were ambling along the Ungargasse back to the Ringstrasse to catch the train to the market, we happened upon Hair Factory, a place that looked funky enough to warrant further investigation without looking too forbidding and was also open (on Saturday afternoon, that can be a task in itself).

We did investigate further and found that we didn't need an appointment either, so sat down and waited to be shawn.

I say inadvertently, as I kind of explained to the young woman with the scissors in my faltering German how long it had been since I had had a haircut, that I wanted it clippered at the back and explained that when long, my hair goes curly and that I didn't really like curly hair. Now she took this last statement rather more literally than I had intended and my hair on the top got shorter and shorter and shorter!

Both cuts are excellent by the way in case you were wondering, and I think we would go back if necessary. It just shocks me each time i look in the mirror!

I'm sure it'll grow on me though(groan)!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I think we should see photographic evidence!..... xx