Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A walk in the park

On Tuesday we went for a walk...

We walked down Michigan to the river,
Through Millennium Park,
past the Anish Kapor sculpture,
down to the lake,
along to the Museum Campus,
back into town to a fantastic acrhitecture/design bookshop called Prairie Avenue Books,
past the elevated train tracks,
through the square which houses the Mies van der Rohe federal buildings and a huge Calder sculpture
and along to the Rookery (I stood on the stairs and got told off by the security guard)
How our feet ached!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Great pictures! I picked up your blog through my Google Alert for Mies van der Rohe. Always happy to see someone enjoying the city. I'll look for you as I make my way home. Enjoy!

rachel said...

wonderful pictures. I want to go to Chicago now....

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gawwwdd! I want to live there - right now. I thought the night ariel views were fantastic, but it looks just a bloomin fatastic through the day! Teleport me now please.....
Vic. xx

rogern said...

Thank you. I think Chicago is a particularly photogenic city. It's very easy to take stunning pictures when the view is so phenomenal.

I had a great time there.