Thursday, March 20, 2008

one two three. one two three.. one two three...

No, I'm not going to astound you with my dancing skills. I merely thought I'd share this with you.

Now I think this is an interesting mix of old and new culture here. The sign (above) is directly in front of the Strauss Monument (details below) in the Stadtpark. So after you have regarded the statue respectfully from a distance, or, as in my case, clambered about all over it, you are informed in a bit of a "gotcha" kind of way, that you have been projected across the globe courtesy of the Internet and the City of Vienna website. I think it might have been a good idea to have put the weblink on the placard, but hey, no one likes a know it all!
It's also a bit of a devious way of reminding you that you're being watched, if not by the disapproving Viennese themselves (I didn't trample anything, what is your problem?), then by all the world who are glued to the webcam on the Stadt Wien homepage collectively tut tutting at the likes of me and my disrespectful behaviour!

I suppose I should put the link in now shouldn't I?

No comments: