Monday, February 11, 2008

Ok, I'm in a bit of a quandary...

Just recently I've been flirting with the idea (and the actuality if you can call it that!) of facial hair.

Not in an enormous "beardy" beard kind of way, as the growth of hair on my face is a bit patchy in places and I don't think a full grizzly would actually be possible. I have recently been growing it a little longer than stubble though, a habit which began when I started working from home last year.

Now while I think whiskers make me look slightly less po-faced than usual (a look I have somehow mastered without any conscious effort on my part and may be the reason it sometimes takes us so long to get served in cafés sometimes), Tim thinks I look like a fully paid up member of a tambourine wielding German Christian troupe. Thankfully, for both of us I don't know the lyrics to "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam" nor do I feel, this is quite the weather for sporting sandals, with, or even without socks.

Today my face is bald.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"growing it a little longer than stubble"? Do you mean as a slob homeworker who couldn't be bothered to shave very often? Tell it like it was, tracksuit boy!

But why not give it a go; you might look suave and cosmopolitan - just don't model yourself on the Archbish of Canterbury. That look would definitely require sandals and socks.

rogern said...

I'll bear that in mind, thank you for your input.

Anonymous said...

One word, in great big capitals: 'NO!'
ie I think Tim might right & I don't think sandals mit socks would be a good look for you! (Vic.xx)