Friday, February 29, 2008

Too hot to trot

I think there is something of the "sod's law" about this, but since I bought my coat, and wore it to the cinema, it has been far too warm to wear it again!

I know there has been a warm snap for lots of parts of Europe, but we have been really shocked by the temperatures. Last weekend, according to the little weather station outside the Sievering Apotheke at the end of the street, it was 17 degrees celcius! On Sunday we left the house decked out for what looked like a warm February day and had to turn back part way to the station as we were sweltering (actually, the main reason we returned to the flat was to get my camera which I had forgotten, but that doesn't sound quite so dramatic!).


The problem is, that we came equipped for winter, with warm clothes, long johns and hand-crocheted hats (thank you Rosie, we have worn them too, though, as yet, there is no photographic proof... maybe next week in Chicago) etc, so this early spring snap has found us entirely unprepared. At least us heading out without coats in February gave the naturally inquisitiveness Viennese something to stare at.

1 comment:

rachel said...

Come on, I really need to see those crocheted hats.