Monday, February 18, 2008

There's a hole in my jacket, dear Liesel, dear Liesel!

I realised last week with a not significant amount of shock and horror that I had a big hole under the right arm of my coat. This may explain why I have been getting odd looks on the bus/underground recently. When I've been standing up holding on to the ceiling straps I've obviously been flashing my wooly pully to all and sundry!

I haven't had the chance to look around for a replacement yet apart from a lack-lustre wander around Zara on the Kärntnerstraße on Saturday evening, where everything looked either "too young", "too shiny" (and not in a good way) or just odd. I quite like Tracht coats, they are very smart (as well as being ridiculously expensive) but anywhere outside of Austria would also look odd in their own way (though in a smart, expensive kind of way) too.

I am planning a trip to Peek & Cloppenberg on the Mariahilferstraße on Thursday to see if I can fulfill this new (and rather pressing need should the weather stay this cold for much longer) need. Brrrrr!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only go for a Tracht coat if you're sticking with the beard idea - very Tintin. Suzl

rogern said...

ha ha. It (the beard) comes and goes.

Today I am beardy. I am trying to block out the cold with it!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I've been in Belgium too long!

rogern said...

The beard and long coat may make me look more like Captain Haddock I'm afraid!

Anonymous said...

So you're aging fast then!! :)