Monday, February 4, 2008

Songs that saved your life

I have decided that as every equal should have its opposite, the antithesis of posts tagged as "a tune too far" will be represented by a "song that saved your life" (to slightly misquote Morrissey).

The only rules for choice of these songs in either camp is that they were heard incidentally during my stay here, be that on the radio, television, out shopping or doing something else more meaningful. My first song in this category is:

David Lee Roth ~ Just a Gigolo

I fear this may be rather a contentious choice, not least because of his crimes against fashion and penchant for spandex body suits but also my usual rather arch musical tastes, but hey, I've never been anything if not eclectic!

I heard this wilst working this morning and while I'm not a fan of Mr Roth's (or should that be Mr Lee Roth's?)
I love this song! especially by George Melly. Marty Feldman's version in Young Frankenstein is great too, but this one will have to do as it's what I heard!

No comments: